Below we provide transparent information about how cookies are used on this website (hereinafter the “Site”). There are various types of cookies based on their characteristics and usage: Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the correct operation of a website and are used to manage various services, such as the login or access to restricted areas of the website. The duration of these cookies is strictly limited to the work session or may last longer to remember the visitor’s choices. Disabling these cookies may compromise the user’s browsing experience. Analytics and performance cookies. These cookies are used to collect and analyse anonymous data about a website’s traffic and use. Although they do not identify a user, these cookies can tell, for example, if the same user visits the website in different moments. They also allow for monitoring the system and improving its performance and usability. Disabling these cookies will not affect any functionality. We will talk about this more in detail later on. Profiling cookies (not used on this Site). These permanent cookies are used to identify (anonymously and not) users’ preferences to improve their browsing experience. For further information about these cookies (not used on this Site), please visit www.garanteprivacy.it/cookie
Purposes of data processing and session cookies
1) User input cookies (session ID), for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases;
2) authentication cookies used for authenticated services, for the duration of a session;
3) user centric security cookies used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
4) multimedia content player session cookies, such as flash player cookies, for the duration of a session;
5) load balancing session cookies, for the duration of a session;
6) UI customisation persistent cookies, for the duration of a session (or slightly more);
7) third party social plug-in content sharing cookies, for logged in members of a social network.
The personal data holder informs that this Site uses solely technical cookies (as described above) necessary for browsing, as they allow essential functions, such as authentication, validation, browsing session management, and fraud prevention. Below are some examples: detecting whether the user has regular access to the areas of the Site that require authentication, validation of the user and management of the sessions relative to various services and applications, secure login data storage, and fraud prevention.
For the sake of transparency, please find a list of technical cookies and the specific cases in which we use them on this Site:
- Cookies directly implanted in the user/contracting party’s terminal (that will not be used for other purposes),
- authentication cookies,
- multimedia content player cookies, such as flash player cookies, for the duration of the session, customisation cookies (e.g. for choosing the language, remembering ID and password typing in the first few characters, etc.),
- cookies used to analyse statistical information on access/visits to the Site (analytics cookies), which have solely statistical purposes (not profiling or marketing purposes) and gather information in an aggregated way without identifying the user. In such cases, as the standards in force establish that the interested party must receive clear and suitable indications on how to opt out (including on anonymisation mechanisms, if any), we inform you that you can disable analytics cookies as follows: open your browser, select the settings menu, click on internet options, open the privacy tab and choose your acceptance level for cookies. Should you want to delete the cookies stored in the memory, all you have to do is open the security tab and delete the browsing history ticking the “delete cookies” box.
Third party cookies
When you visit a website, you may receive cookies from sites managed by other organisations (“third parties”) based in Italy or abroad. The information collected by third parties is governed by the relative privacy policies so please refer to them. The personal data holder cannot be held liable for the use of third party cookies on this Site.
As indicated by the Data Protection Supervisor, this Site has no control over third party cookies in the event of third party services. These fall under the sole responsibility of the third party that installs them on your computer. Moreover, you can delete and block cookies at any time by using browser plug-ins. You can also change the settings as indicated by the various browser instructions.
Mandatory or voluntary consent for cookies that do not pursue marketing purposes.
Technical or third party cookies or analytics cookies assimilated to technical cookies do not require the user’s prior consent. Disabling and/or blocking them will make it impossible to browse the Site correctly and/or use the services, pages, functions, and content available therein.
Personal data holder and controllers
The details of the company, as the holder of the interested party’s personal data, are as follows: Protos S.p.A. Registered Office: Via Livenza 3 – 00198 Rome Email: email@example.com. An updated list of controllers is available at the company’s headquarters.
How to control and delete cookies
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, only some, or reject them, disabling their use, at any time. In addition, you can set the preferences of your browser so as to be notified whenever a cookie is stored in your computer’s memory.
At the end of each browsing session you can delete the cookies from the hard disk of your device. Each browser has different procedures for managing settings. Refer to your browser’s one to delete cookies installed in the “cookies” folder. By selecting the links below you can get specific instructions for some of the major browsers: